Over time, no matter how careful we are about what falls into the sink, it is almost inevitable that it will clog. Food scraps, iced fats and other small items clog the pipes making the sink rinsing an urgent need.
If the problem only exists in a sink and you do not encounter it in the bathtub, in a siphon, etc. Then the problem is rather local. In short, it concerns the specific sink and the plug is not in the main sewer line. Before you call the experts – Αποφράξεις Αντωνίου, you can try some quick and natural solutions that we will suggest for the sink blockage. So let’s look at some of the most effective ways to flush a sink.
Rinse the sink with a suction cup
As mentioned, fat and food debris sticking to the walls are the main causes of sink clogging. One of the most effective methods of treatment is traditional obstruction suction cup.
- The choice of the suction cup is important because it must fit perfectly in the sink siphon.
- After selecting the appropriate one, plug in a cloth or insulating tape, the overflow outlet located at the top of the sink.
- If there is another sink next to it, then you have to plug it in too, because their pipes are communicating and the necessary air gap will not be created.
- Then remove the protective net from the mouth of the siphon.
- Fill the sink with enough water to cover the head of the suction cup.
- Place the suction cup in the sink siphon and if necessary put a little Vaseline to make it fit better.
- With sharp and quick movements, make the suction cup up and down, so that by causing a vacuum of air, you can remove the impurities from the pipes.
- Remove the suction cup and see if the water flow has returned to normal.
- Repeat the process as many times as needed.
- Remove the insulator from the overflow outlet and the adjoining sink.
- Pour a saucepan of boiling water to remove grease and other debris.
- Put back the net is holding the trash.
Rinse the sink with hot water
Another way to rinse a sink is to use boiling water. A large amount of hot water is often enough to soften dried fats from the inside of the pipes and carry them away. The use of hot water is indicated for metal pipes. CAUTION! If you have PVC pipes, then boiling water can soften them and cause damage. It is possible for the compounds to loosen and come off, so in PVC you should not use water above 80 degrees Celsius.
- Put a pot with 3-4 litres of water in the eye and leave it until it boils
- Pour the water at a constant speed into the mouth of the sink and not onto the porcelain, which can cause damage.
- If the plug does not recede, repeat the process
Combinations with boiling water
Boiling water with soda
Pour a cup of baking soda into 3 litres of hot water. Pour the mixture slowly and steadily, directly into the sink siphon. Leave the solution on for about an hour. Then pour 1 cup of vinegar into the siphon and leave it to act for another 20 minutes. Then pour a pot of boiling water so that the last remnants of food and garbage come off.
Boiling water with soda and salt
Pour half a cup of salt and half a cup of soda directly into the sink siphon. Then pour 500 ml of hot water and leave it on overnight. In the morning, rinse by pouring a pot of boiling water and the sink will return to normal operation.
Boiling water with dishwashing liquid
If the plug is due to frozen fat inside the tube, the best solution is boiling water with dishwashing liquid. Pour in 3 litres of boiling water 100 ml of dishwashing liquid and then pour it slowly into the siphon. Leave the mixture to act for about an hour and rinse with a pot of boiling water. Repeat the process 3-4 times if the plug persists.
Vinegar and soda
Another way to rinse a sink is to use baking soda and vinegar. First, pour a pot of boiling water into the sink siphon to soften accumulated grease and food debris. Then pour a cup of soda into the mouth of the siphon and leave it for five minutes. Then add a cup of vinegar and quickly block the siphon with a cloth. The chemical reaction of soda with vinegar produces a kind of foam, which leaves pressure in the pipes and drains food debris. Finally, add another pot of boiling water to keep the leftovers.
Wire rinsing with wire
Take a piece of wire one meter and with a pair of pliers twist the edge, creating a hook. Place it in the mouth of the sink siphon. Slowly push the wire into the pipe until you feel it meet the barrier point. With gentle movements, try to remove food debris that has blocked the duct. The handling must be done with great care and without abrupt and strong movements, so as not to cause damage to the pipes. Then pour a pot of boiling water to drain the residue. If the depth at which the plug is located is large, then you will need an experienced workshop, with special steels. The steels reach very deep depths and successfully block the pipes.
Bathroom rinse with chemical barriers
Chemical cleaners are known to corrode and damage pipes. In addition, it is dangerous for your health and the environment. We recommend avoiding such preparations, as they rarely work, and the residues of toxic substances must be completely removed so that they are not dangerous to your health.
What to look out for before using any commercial blocking liquid or other rinsing products.
- Choose water-soluble waterproofing fluids. With the certification of an environmentally friendly product.
- Follow the instructions for use of this particular blocking liquid, as specified by the manufacturer.
- Beware of fumes! When using these chemicals, space should be adequately ventilated, as many of the obstructive chemical liquids if inhaled are particularly dangerous.
- Always wear protective gloves. In case the obstructive chemical fluid comes in contact with your eyes or skin, rinse very well and call the Poisoning Center immediately.
- Strictly apply to the action time as specified by the manufacturer. As their prolonged use can damage the pipes.
- It is very important to know the plastic and metal parts of your sewer system. Choose barriers suitable for the specific metals/plastics. So that they are strong enough to break down fats without damaging the pipes.
Obstructive fluids should be kept out of the reach of young children as they are considered highly toxic chemicals.
Bathroom disassembly, by experts
The blockage of you, in some cases, can be effective, sometimes not sufficient for the desired effect others cause some damage to the pipelines. To have a professional –Αποφράξεις Αντωνίου Αθήνα, immediate and economical solution, even for the most complex blockages, you can call us 24 hours a day and we will be right next to you. Having state-of-the-art pressure machines, special micro-cameras to identify the problem and experienced staff, we deal with any blockage, without causing damage to the pipes and leaving your space clean.
Read more about professional plumbing tips:
- ΑΠΟΦΡΑΞΕΙΣ ΑΝΩ ΛΙΟΣΙΑ ΑΠΟ 20€ ΕΩΣ 40€ 184.108.40.2066
- ΑΠΟΦΡΑΞΕΙΣ ΑΝΩ ΠΑΤΗΣΙΑ ΑΠΟ 20€ ΕΩΣ 40€ 220.127.116.119
- ΑΠΟΦΡΑΞΕΙΣ ΑΡΓΥΡΟΥΠΟΛΗ ΑΠΟ 20€ ΕΩΣ 40€ 18.104.22.168
- ΑΠΟΦΡΑΞΕΙΣ ΑΡΤΕΜΙΔΑ 22.214.171.1246
- ΑΠΟΦΡΑΞΕΙΣ ΑΣΠΡΟΠΥΡΓΟΣ 126.96.36.1996
- ΑΠΟΦΡΑΞΕΙΣ ΑΤΤΙΚΗ ΑΠΟ 20€ ΕΩΣ 40€ 188.8.131.526
- ΑΠΟΦΡΑΞΕΙΣ ΑΥΛΩΝΑ 184.108.40.2066
- ΑΠΟΦΡΑΞΕΙΣ ΑΧΑΡΝΑΙ ΑΠΟ 20€ ΕΩΣ 40€ 220.127.116.116
- ΑΠΟΦΡΑΞΕΙΣ ΒΑΡΗ ΑΠΟ 20€ ΕΩΣ 40€ 18.104.22.168
- ΑΠΟΦΡΑΞΕΙΣ ΒΑΡΚΙΖΑ ΑΠΟ 20€ ΕΩΣ 40€ 22.214.171.124